.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Before & After: Vintage side tables


Remember these from a post of mine last week...? Well now they are both complete. Once has already sold on my etsy store, and the other has just been listed.


I sanded them down so there was no more sheen at all.


Then I primed them with a Glidden grey primer. I was tempted to stop the process here because I kind of liked how it looked with just primer.  I continued on with my original game plan, although It gave me some inspiration for a upcoming project involving a hutch.

Then it needed 2 coats of the perfect creamy white paint. Once that was completely dry (about a full day later) I did the distressing and aging to it.  Then I used some wipe-on satin poly, screwed in some old looking cast iron, birdie nobs and ta-da... a "brand new" old side table.


 
  
  
 
This little cabinet is my next furniture piece to work on. I have a few color ideas in mind, but I haven't decided yet. Any ideas?

13 comments:

  1. Karli, that really turned out well! Girl, you're good at this sort of thing! I have no suggestions for the next one...whatever you decide on will look great!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do to it! I just featured your chairs on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice side table. I love the paint job, what is the wipe-on poly that you used?

    How about a shade of gray for the cabinet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing and I love the knobs. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those turned out great! I love your new project too, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the redo, especially the cute knobs!! I think the new project would look great in turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the birdy knobs!!! Makes it an outstanding piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look great! And is that a bird handle? Love it! P.S. I have a psych degree, too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That looks great! Spacify offers wide range of End Tables .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...