.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Before & After: Vintage side tables


Remember these from a post of mine last week...? Well now they are both complete. Once has already sold on my etsy store, and the other has just been listed.


I sanded them down so there was no more sheen at all.


Then I primed them with a Glidden grey primer. I was tempted to stop the process here because I kind of liked how it looked with just primer.  I continued on with my original game plan, although It gave me some inspiration for a upcoming project involving a hutch.

Then it needed 2 coats of the perfect creamy white paint. Once that was completely dry (about a full day later) I did the distressing and aging to it.  Then I used some wipe-on satin poly, screwed in some old looking cast iron, birdie nobs and ta-da... a "brand new" old side table.


 
  
  
 
This little cabinet is my next furniture piece to work on. I have a few color ideas in mind, but I haven't decided yet. Any ideas?

13 comments:

  1. Karli, that really turned out well! Girl, you're good at this sort of thing! I have no suggestions for the next one...whatever you decide on will look great!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful transformation, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do to it! I just featured your chairs on my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice side table. I love the paint job, what is the wipe-on poly that you used?

    How about a shade of gray for the cabinet?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are amazing and I love the knobs. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those turned out great! I love your new project too, I can't wait to see how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the redo, especially the cute knobs!! I think the new project would look great in turquoise!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the birdy knobs!!! Makes it an outstanding piece of furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the tables there girl!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look great! And is that a bird handle? Love it! P.S. I have a psych degree, too! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks great! Spacify offers wide range of End Tables .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...