The other night my husband went to hang out with his best friend Matt so I got some wonderful alone time to go shopping! *sigh* I went to TJ Maxx, Marshalls, & Ross - my favorite stores! I didn't find anything worth buying at Ross this time around. It was one of those times when I could actually spend money and found really great stuff without spending too much money. I'm still on a shopping high from it. I feel like my house is 10x cuter because of my new things. =)
1. Glass cloche from Marshalls. $5.99. I also bought a packet of "moss rocks" at TJ Maxx for & $4.99 that I put in the cloche and in the large apothecary jar.
2. Random dish from Marshalls. I love yellow and I LOVE peacocks (a huge inspiration for my wedding decor actually). I had no idea what I was going to do with it, and still don't, but for $7.99 I knew it had to be mine. It reminded me of something from Anthropologie. When I go shopping my ruile of thumb is: If it looks like it could fit into an Anthropologie store then its 'good to go'!
3.Very strong Lavender reed diffuser from TJ Maxx. I've loved reed diffusers for a long time, but they are always in vanilla or some other scent (that I like, but dont LOVE). So when I saw this very simple and very wonderfully fragrant reed diffuser - it was time! Only $6.99.
4. Large apothecary jar from Marshalls. I had one like this in our old apartment that got broken in the move to our house. =( I have two others in varying sizes, but two is just looks awkward, so I was waiting for the perfect one for cheap. This was only $9.99 so I snagged it up, and put some of the moss rocks in it.
5. A few weeks ago when I came across The Lettered Cottage blog, I went through the archives and came across this cute little chicken wire birdie "cloche" if you will. And guess what?!? I found one at TJ Maxx! There were about four, three for $16.99 and ONE market down to $13. There was nothing wrong with the $13 one.... weird. So yay, I now have my own little birdie cloche for only 13 buckaroos. (Although my husband said, "Karli- chicken wire belongs outside") It made me laugh.
6. Silver three-tiered desert stand from TJ Maxx for $19.99. I can't wait to make a big batch of cupcakes and put them on it. It reminded me of something from Pottery Barn. My favorite part is the circular ring at the top. So very elegant.
7. White ceramic lotus flower. I think it is technically a votive holder. Maybe I need to get some little white votive candles? But I think it is just pretty and very versatile. I wish I would have gotten one more, because I have found about 4 places in my house that I want to put it.
So there you have it - Thanks for goin' shopping with me!