.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Backyard Bugs

We've been BBQing up a storm in our backyard. Our wonderful BBQ was a terrific housewarming present from my husbands aunt. We'd like to get as much use as we can while the weather is warm. Being here in Bakersfield where it is still getting into the 100's I'm sure we have a while to enjoy the warmth. Unfortunately.

While Ryan was doing the cooking I was relaxing and looking at paint swatches for an upcoming nightstand. Ryan saw a tiny baby praying mantis on the arm of one of the chairs. I had never see one so little. I have to admit, they totally creep me out.

Here is a super close up picture...

 

Here he is on the chair, so tiny you can barely see him.

 
Man, O Man, this time of year we are finding so many bugs outside. Even a black widow or two! 

1 comment:

  1. I would just not do well with those bugs. Any bugs for that matter!

    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...