.

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

A New Terrarium for $4.49



I found this glass dome at Goodwill for $2.50 and I had a lightbulb moment.


Images such as these ran through my head...


 image by eddieross.com
When I got home I looked around to see what I could use as a base and there it was - the dog dish that I talked about in this post.
 
Disclaimer: its not really a dog dish, but a piece of 1960's vintage pottery that I found for $1. I have been using it for the puppies water.  Not anymore.
 
I used one of my stemless wine glasses (from the 99 cent store) to plant my fern in. I have this fern outside that isn't doing well, so I took a piece of it from the root and gave it a new home. Hopefully it will thrive in its own little enviroment. 
 
My $4.49 cloche terrarium.

7 comments:

  1. I'm so going to do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if this would work for growing basil and other herbs indoors, perhaps in a dresser in front of a south-facing window. Hmmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this!!

    thanks for linking up today and don't forget to link back to the Goodwill party!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! I haven't gotten the chance to stop by in a while and you have done so many great projects since my last visit! I love, love, love this. I may have to get my husband to try this for me since any plant I touch dies :) Thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful terrarium! The dish really complements the proportion of the glass jar.

    Check out my blog for tips and links to all things terrariums!

    http://www.thefernandmossery.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...