.

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Makeover for a 2-tiered Side Table


I bought this vintage side table and it was screaming for a makeover.
I love that it has a bottom shelf- storage always makes me happy. I wish I had more of it in our little house.  I tried something new this time, white primer. Once I sanded down to the wood, it left a three color palette to enjoy. I'm happy with how it turned out, even though mid way through I thought I shouldn't have picked the color I did. But it turned out to be a great unexpected neutral piece with a big bang of character.

Updated: I now have a before shot. Thank you iphone pictures.






 

 

 

 




This table is listed for sale on my etsy store, Rocky Bella Studios.

5 comments:

  1. not my fav... but still super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the distressing...and I LOVE the color choice! You need those funky neutrals to ground your living space every now and then. Just re-finished those two thrift store pieces I just got....gonna add a coat of polyeurathane and then i'll post pics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey,
    Have you ever been to RAD Thrift Store on Bernard Street? Their prices are very good. On Saturday everything is 30% off and anything under $1.00 is half off. All their glassware is 1/2 off on Wednesday from 4PM to 5PM. They have lots of furniture too.
    God Bless all you put your hands to...
    Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I just found your blog while browsing thru BETTER AFTER....I love everything you do. Colors are beautiful....

    Norma
    www.youonique727.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...