.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Going Dutch

I come across such a delicious house on one of my favorite blogs, Beachbungalow 8, and was in awww of the Dutch door on this great beach home. I've always loved dutch doors and really want to put one in my house, to replace to kitchen door that goes to the back yard.

from beachbungalow8


I love how bright and cheery this turquoise store front door is...
image from sheaireland at flickr

This dark wood door leads to a CLOSET... how crazy is that? Maybe so you can stare at all your wonderful cloths but the dog can't get into you shoes? =)

image from JELD-WEN Architecture

This next picture of Michelle's amazing cottage home is so dreamy. It makes me want to eat little sandwiches cut into little triangles, drink lemonade with mint leaves in it and read a classic book on a quilt under the shade a big birch tree. *sigh*

image found at the wonderful blog site of Michelle at velvet&linen



image found at costalliving.com
I love the light sage color with the classic black and white.


image found at www.eddieross.com

It looks like Hansel & Gretel might live through this rounded top door.

Soft & Beachy
How cool is that door handle? And awesome window above the door.
I know this about the doors, but LOOK at the blue and tan floors... its painted. So awesome.
photo found at countryliving.com









photo found at aparmenttherapy.com

If anyone has made their own dutch door, even has one they purchased... I would LOOOOVE to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...