.

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Ivy

A house with ivy or other climbing plants such as fig always catches my eye. I think maybe because the house I grew up in had climbing fig all over it. Don't get me wrong, too much can be just that - too much. But I love the look and what it seems to say... Charming, but a little unpredictable. I love how the garden becomes a piece of the home itself.
A few months back I planted a gallon plant of climbing fig in the front against the house. It hasn't made too much progress yet but my mom says it will take at least a year to really get much bigger and spread. Hurry, hurry. I also planted a lil bitty English ivy plant in a permanent planter against the corner of our detached garage. That seems to be growing a bit faster still not quite climbing yet. I can't wait for it to start making our house look a bit closer to these gorgeous pictures... As if. :)






















2 comments:

  1. I have always been drawn to homes covered in ivy. They are so romantic!
    xx-Gina

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...