.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Revamp: Funky Damask chair


I'm back with an update on one of my goodwill finds that I told you about in this post.

I picked this up for $14. and spend about $6. on fabric (that was 40% off). I got the paint for free from my parents left over from what I used to re-do a built in cabinet for them. I used Deep Torquiose from Laura Ashely. It is the same color that Edie used on her armoire that I love!


Once the paint was completely dry, I went over it with light sand paper. I did one more super light coat on some sections. Once that was dry, I distressed the edges and anywhere that normal wear and tear would show. Now that some of the original wood was showing through and everything was dry- I used Minwax wipe on Poly. Let dry, and reattached the newly upholstered seat.
I think I'm gonna sell this one, I have too many chairs.





*update: the fabric is from Waverly and it comes in a few different colors. You can get it at most big fabric stores.

14 comments:

  1. love, love what you did.... its like a new chair.. very refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wooohooo it turned out great! I love the print on the fabric and the blue with the orange.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Karli! We attended Vanguard together. Melissa showed me your blog last weekend when I was visting her. I love it! I really love this chair. I recently bought a house and I'm having fun decorating on a dime. = ) I'll keep reading your blog to steal ideas. I've been thinking about starting to blog, we'll see.
    Take care,
    Tess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! Just found your link from ASPTL. I love this redo! Would you mind if I featured it on my blog? (with credit to you of course!)
    http://www.betterafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! What a great find and a FABULOUS make over. I just found a chair from one of my local thrift stores and did something similar. Had a lot of fun and so easy!

    www.hjcompton270.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am in love with that fabric! Do you mind sharing where you found it? Thanks, and awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Decided to browse thru some of your older posts this evening- I'm glad I did- I LOVE this chair!!! I'm also a fan of Edie and her make overs. I think her kitchen is adorable! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. كيف تحقق النجاح بالنسبة لخدمات كشف تسربات المياه بجدة حتي نكون علي اقتناع تام بأننا شركة كشف تسربات بجدة تقدم خدمات لا مثيل لها من خلال فنين يمتلكون القدرة علي اكتشاف جميع انواع التسريبات من خلال تدريبهم العالي علي الاجهزة الحديثة التي تساعد علي ذلك بدون هدم او تكسير كل ذلك سوف تجدونه عندما تتواصلوا مع شركة كشف تسربات المياه بجدة والتي تقدم كل ما لديها لمساعدتكم

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...